Special- K Patties
- 2 packages firm tofu (or
16 oz cottage cheese)
- 1 cup ground pecan meal
- 6 cups Special K cereal
- 1 package onion soup mix, dry
- 4 eggs, beaten (may use
Egg Beaters or throw away yolks to reduce cholesterol intake)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Sauté onion in butter until soft.
- Crumble tofu in a large bowl (we use Mori Nu Extra Firm).
- Add onion, cereal, eggs, pecan meal, and onion soup mix to
tofu (or cottage cheese) and mix thoroughly.
- Let stand for several minutes, then shape into patties of
equal size, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and freeze; when firm place in
zip top plastic bags for freezer storage (makes about 12-14).
- To cook, place frozen patties on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at
375° for 20 minutes; turn over and bake about 15-20 minutes
more, until crispy and browned.
- Serve as you would any hamburger—on a bun with all the
"fixins," or smothered in a mushroom gravy sauce, or
Home | Bible
Studies Online | Y2K