- 12 oz. Veggie Ground Round*
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh minced garlic
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with
garlic and onions
- 1 med. onion, diced, sautéed
in olive oil
- 1/4 c. fat-free buttermilk
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/2 pkg. soft Mori-Nu tofu**
- 8 oz. pkg. spaghetti, broken
in half, cooked
- Cooking spray***
- 1 1/3 c. (about 5 oz.)
shredded, low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté chopped onion in olive oil until
onion is softened, but not browned.
- Add Veggie Ground Round, tomatoes,
tomato sauce, and minced garlic. Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes,
- Combine the buttermilk, sour cream,
tofu, granulated garlic, basil, and oregano. Blend with a fork until smooth.
- Spray the inner surface of a 3-quart
casserole dish with cooking spray. Place the cooked spaghetti in
the dish, creating a shallow well in the center of the pasta.
- Spread the sour cream mixture over
- Spread the tomato / burger mixture
over the sour cream.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes; until
cheese is melted and just brown around the edges.
Yield: 6 servings
Veggie Cuisine is meatless and cholesterol free.
Mori-Nu, but you may use whatever brand you find readily
Home | Bible
Studies Online | Y2K