- 3 1/2 cans (14.5 oz ea)
- 1 1/2 cups white Basmati rice
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen
leaf or chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 can Diced Chik vegetarian chicken
- 1/2 can sliced mushrooms (or more if you like)
- Sauté chopped onion in butter until
onion is softened, but not browned.
- Add rice and stir to coat rice with
- Add 1/2 can vegetarian broth and
increase heat to medium high, stirring frequently, continue to add
broth as rice absorbs it, adding about 1/2 can each time.
- When rice begins to get tender (after
about 30 minutes) stir more frequently to make rice creamy.
- Add spinach, peas, and mushrooms, stir
to cook slightly.
- Add vegetarian chicken product (may
use any TVP-type chicken product instead of canned Diced Chik) and
stir to heat thoroughly.
- Let stand, covered, 5 minutes then
Home | Bible
Studies Online | Y2K