- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
7 Tbsp "Emes" brand unflavoured vegetarian gelatin
- 2 heaping cups raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast ("Brewers" yeast) flakes
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp mild paprika
- 1 7oz jar sliced pimento
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (I use the frozen
Minute Maid, or use fresh)
- Whiz the cashews in a food processor (or blender) until they are finely
ground. Meanwhile, measure the cold water and sprinkle the gelatin into
it; stir to wet and mix the gelatin.
- When cashews are ready, add the gelatin to them, then pour in the hot water. Whiz for a minute
or so to thoroughly mix everything. Add all of the rest of the ingredients
EXCEPT the pimentos. Whiz to liquify. You may need to stop a
couple of times to stir the cashews up from the bottom of the
- Last, add the pimentos and whiz just enough
to mix them in without chopping them to pieces. You might also
like to mix in a few sliced green olives.
- Pour the mixture into a 1 1/2 quart container and chill until firm.
This will make a spreadable "cheese."