|Satanís first and most
successful lieó "ye shall NOT surely die."
- This statement introduced the
concept of the "naturally" immortal soul
- Denied the full penalty for sin
- Created the "wrathful God"
- Provided a false sense of security
that transgression can be made without any real consequence
- Absolutely contradicted the word of
Some thought questions:
- What do the words "die"
and "perish" mean in English; in Hebrew, in Greek? (use
your concordance) See for example : Genesis
3:9; and Romans 6:23.
- What does "immortality"
mean in 1 Timothy
1:16? To whom does this apply?
- If the statement of Satan in the
Garden is true, and we donít really die when we "die,"
then doesnít that mean that we receive "eternal life"
even if it is lived out in an "ever burning hell"?
- If natural immortality of the soul
is the truth, then why did God say: "lest he put forth his
hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live
3:22) which resulted in Adam and Eve being
driven from the Garden forever? Why does God restore the Tree of
Life to His redeemed in the new earth (Revelation
- If we possess a "naturally
immortal soul," then what do we need Jesus for? Why did He die?
- Think of ways that this concept is
being promoted today.